Internship in Research - PhD (Austin)
Dimensional is a global investment manager serving select financial advisors and institutional clients. Since 1981, our entrepreneurial, collaborative culture has attracted exceptionally talented people from both inside and outside the financial industry—including the academic community. Academic research forms the foundation of all Dimensional investment strategies and guides the design, management, and implementation of client portfolios. This approach has helped lead to enduring client relationships, many of which date back decades.
This twelve-week internship program in Austin will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of the Research group. Research interns are expected to help produce high-quality, academically grounded research to support and enhance our investment strategies and for client education. Interns will gain an understanding of what it's like to be a Research Associate at Dimensional, as they will be responsible for projects that meet our firm’s current business needs.
- Progress toward a PhD in a discipline such as finance, mathematics, economics or statistics
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate financial and economic concepts, in both verbal and written form
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages, such as C#, C++, Fortran, SAS, or Stata
- Experience doing empirical research with large datasets
Please note that our internship recruiting season runs through March of 2017, so there may be some delay in responding to your application.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.